Wednesday, June 9, 2010

I disappeared...but I'm back!

SORRY!! I haven't written in...2 months? I promise, you haven't missed much. Most of that time was spent working on my Senior Thesis. I had to write 10 pages in English, 10 pages in Chinese, make a 15 minute presentation, write a song, and sing three songs (including the song I wrote)...which I am sure most everyone has seen this performance, thank you mother! (I say that with only a hint of sarcasm) So for a while that was pretty much all I did. The last time I think I talked about being frustrated with the ever changing Chinese class...I honestly don't really remember, but if it was, everything turned out good! I loved my Chinese class! There were 3 people from Africa, 2 Vietnamese kids, 1 German, 1 British guy (when he decided he wanted to show up), and then me and Stephanie. Everyone was really funny and tons of fun. We went out to celebrate Stephanie's birthday and it ended in a cake cream fight...poor Stephanie got it all up in her hair. Haha. Our teacher is also wonderful. She is a really good teacher, but she has a habit of saying "do you understand" repeatedly, except it is in Chinese obviously. And this is at 8:30/9:00 in the morning and we all know how much of a morning person I am...I stayed pleasant most of the time though...Momma would be so proud :) I'm talking about this in past tense because it already ended which is sad, but now I can sleep in. Yay for sleep!!

Anyway, after i finished my senior thesis, I still couldn't really go on adventures because Stephanie still had a lot of MCAT stuff to get done and I didn't want to leave her all alone so I discovered a website that had tons of movies on it...that was a bad idea. All my motivation to get things done for my classes just kind of disappeared and I watched a lot of movies. It took a good week and a half to find it again. Actually, it took a trip to Taipei, I think we went to the zoo, to get me going again. I think I was just a little tired of sitting in Taoyuan and not doing much of anything.

So the first outing we had after we liberated ourselves from Taoyuan was going to Taipei to see our Chinese professor from the US and the Chinese students she brought from WVU, plus two of our classmates from WVU who just moved here to work for a year. Sadly, Lin laoshi couldn't go because she had work she had to do, but that's ok we got to see her soon after. It was fun, although it rained some. Then the next weekend (which was last weekend) we went back to Taipei, but this time with a classmate who is from Taipei, and we met a new American friend. He is super sarcastic and his sense of humor is more or less like mine...it was weird. After we met up with some other classmates we all rode this Massive Beautiful Ferris Wheel. Pretty much we just walked around and talked and had fun together, but it rained a lot (it is Taiwan after-all).

Love you all!!

PS...The next post will be far more interesting, because it will contain awkward moments :) I will continue after I eat food...

No comments:

Post a Comment